Today, we’re announcing a big, exciting change: Front Row Education is now Freckle Education!
Why the change?
Five years ago, we started out as an adaptive math practice tool. Today, we’re a one-stop shop for hundreds of thousands of teachers to differentiate instruction across all four core subjects.
We've grown to over 500,000 teachers...
Nearly 10 million students...
And 61,000 schools!
As our product has grown, we’ve met with thousands of teachers and seen how they use Front Row with each of their students. We came to realize that the name didn’t truly reflect what we hope to accomplish.
Our mission is to ensure every student gets a world-class education. It doesn’t matter if a student is in the front row, the back row, or if they’re sitting on a rug with a few of their classmates. We want to help you reach all of your students at the level that’s best for them.
We wanted to choose a new name that truly reflected the value of differentiating for every student.
As teachers already know, every classroom has students at many different levels. In fact, 73% of classrooms have students with math and reading levels that span across more than four grade levels!
But, we also have to bear in mind that students are so much more than just their math and reading levels.
Our students are actual human beings who each come to the classroom with different interests, personalities, backgrounds, and learning preferences.
Every single student is different.
In fact, even in the case of identical twins, digital imaging systems can actually spot minute differences in their freckles.
The name Freckle will serve as a reminder that every student is a unique human being. And, it represents our responsibility to ensure that every student receives a world-class education.
What is changing for me and my students?
Don’t worry—only the name is changing! You and your students will still have the exact same differentiation platform you know and love. In fact, if you don’t look closely, you may not notice that much has changed at all!
That said, here are all of the name change instances that you may want to keep track of:
- From now on, you and your students will access your accounts at www.freckle.com. We recommend bookmarking that URL now! However, don’t worry if you forget; www.frontrowed.com will redirect to www.freckle.com for now.
- If you use the iPad app, it will now be called Freckle. And, if you need to install it on a new iPad, you’ll find it as Freckle in the App Store.
- You’ll notice the Front Row logo is now the Freckle logo within the dashboard and on all of our online materials.
- If you use Front Row printouts in your classroom (for example, on a bulletin board), you can find the new Freckle printouts here.
- If you need to email a Freckle team member, their email address will be @freckle.com instead of @frontrowed.com.
- On social media, you’ll now find us as Freckle (@LearnFreckle). If you’re already following us on a social media platform, you don’t need to find and follow us again. However, the URLs are changing, so if you’d like to bookmark them, here they are:
- If your school uses a whitelist for web URLs, you may need to contact your IT department to add www.freckle.com to the list. Here’s some more info on how to do that!
- And, we’re releasing a ton of brand-new Freckle t-shirts, pens, and other swag right here!
What isn’t changing?
Everything else will be exactly the same:
- Your login information
- Your teacher dashboard
- Your students’ dashboards
- JT the piggy and friends
- The Piggy Store
- All of your students’ data
- Everything you and your students can do in the platform
- Our mission to ensure every student gets a world-class education.
We hope you are as excited about this change as we are, and we hope it will remind you of the huge impact you have as an educator on countless unique individuals!